Events and Information
News and Events
- There is a 6-container limit per residence. Each container must weigh no more than 40 lbs. All trash must be placed in a trash bag.
- Curbside recycling service is provided for residents within the Town of Ulen. Recycling service occurs every other week on Wednesday. If you do not currently have recycling and wish to request it, please contact Mark Ransom.
- Bulk items/heavy trash pick up will occur on the first Monday of each month.
- Spring Clean Up is the last Friday and Saturday in April. Fall Clean Up is the first Friday and Saturday in October. During this time, items can be dropped off at the City Street Department giving residents an option to dispose of unwanted items. There are also TOX drops two times each year. Information is usually announced in the Lebanon Reporter.
- A general calendar of holiday service dates is available at the Waste Management website.
- Only licensed drivers can operate a golf cart, and they must have a valid driver’s license, registration permit and proof of insurance with them. The registration permit to drive a golf cart in Lebanon is $30.00, and must be renewed annually.
- A driver operating a golf cart has to obey standard traffic laws like drivers of any other motor vehicle on a street or road. These traffic laws include driving on the correct side of the road, allowing faster traffic to pass, and obeying all traffic signals, traffic signs, stop signs and turn lanes.
- Golf carts cannot be driven on two State roads inside the city limits. Those roads are Indiana 39, which is also named North and South Lebanon Streets, as well as Indiana 32, which is named East and West South Streets. Golf carts are also prohibited on Lafayette Avenue and Indianapolis Avenue.
- No more than six people over the age of 2 years old can ride in a golf cart, and no one under 10 years old can sit in the back seat of a golf cart. A golf cart must have rearview mirrors, headlights and a slow moving vehicle sign mounted on the back.